- The 68HC11 is a powerful 8-bit data.
- 16-bit address microcontroller from Motorola (Now Freescale) with an instruction set that is similar to the older 68xx (6801, 6805, 6809) parts.
- Depending on the variety, the 68HC11 has built-in EEPROM/OTPROM, RAM, digital I/O, timers, A/D converter, PWM generator, and synchronous and asynchronous communications channels (RS232 and SPI).
- Typical current draw is less than 10mA.
- Optimized for low power consumption and high-performance operation at bus frequencies up to 4 MHz.
- The CPU has two 8 bit accumulators (A & B) that can be concatenated to provide a 16 bit double accumulator (D).
- Two 16 bit index registers are present (X & Y) to provide indexing to anywhere in the memory map.
- Having the two index registers means the 68HC11 is very good for processing data.
Details can be found HERE